[Kolab-devel] Custom Message "Message could not be delivered" during recipient failure

Kambey L. Kisambu kambeylk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:35:09 CET 2014

Hi,
I'm using postfix and horde in my mail server setup.
On sending email, the local recipients database  table lookup take
place and if the user is not available,
 it gives the error notice and unable to send such email.
This is a good idea if the recipient is only one, but if i have
varieties of recipients I'm getting trouble to identify the unknown
user.

How can i customize the notification message to popup with the email
address claimed to be unknown?

>From the Horde logs i can see the following:-
 ...HORDE: [imp] Message could not be delivered - the address was not
found, is unknown, or is not receiving messages.
<maka at makasolutions.co.tz>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown
in virtual mailbox table [pid 19952 on line 1150 of
"/var/www/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/Compose.php"]

But the horde popup message is only "Message could not be delivered -
the address was not found, is unknown, or is not receiving messages."

Kindly assist on this if anybody has an idea.

Regards,
Kambey