[Kolab-devel] wrong recipient policy for hosted domains if a domain with the same components exists

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Tue Apr 8 16:21:05 CEST 2014

Hi all,

while migrating all our domains from 2.3 I run into the following problem:

We have an domain e.g.

  sub.example.org
and one:
  example.org

While it's no problem to create those domains as different domains, there is an
error while creating or importing users to the sub.example.org

All users I add to sub.example.org get an primary email-Adress as
  givenname.surname at sub.example.org
in the kolab-webadmin but are rew rewritten from kolabd to
  givenname.surname at example.org

I guess kolabd is somewhere ignoring the additional domain component.

Shall I open an issue? Or is it some kind of wrong configuration?

An different but related problem:

While alias domains work next to multiple hosted domains when I add special
postfix rules for them (https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html) this
works only for aliases with the same number of domain components.

example.com next to example.org is fine but sub.example.org fails with unknown
user during submission. (Lookup works).

(kolab 3.2 / Debian 7)

Best Regards

Jan