[Kolab-devel] Multi-domain setup and global address book

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Sep 30 14:59:04 CEST 2013

Hi

I'm trying to set up a kolab instance with multi-domain setup based on
the 3.1 development packages and the patches from
https://github.com/tpokorra/kolab3_tbits_scripts

This seems to work well, except I can't get the global address book to
work in roundcube for additional domains.

I've edited /etc/roundcubemail/config.inc.php and set
base_dn and search_base_dn to 'ou=People,%dc', and edited
/usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_ldap.php to also
modify base_dn by the same mechanism as it modifies search_base_dn (i.e.
I added this in line 289:
$this->base_dn = strtr($this->base_dn, $replaces);
).

However, roundcube is still not finding any contacts even though I have
a couple of users added to the domain.

I'm not sure that the above is the right way to go about it, but it
seemed like a reasonable avenue. Am I going about it wrong, or simply
missing something? :)

-Toke