[Kolab-devel] libkolabxml git master does not build due to boost error

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Sat Sep 21 17:29:50 CEST 2013

On Friday 20 September 2013 16.19:09 Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> Hello,
> I noticed that the nightly build of the kolab packages from git master
> broke last week, while I was away on holiday.
>
> Due to another error in kolab-webadmin which was minor (%doc doc/*
> INSTALL LICENSE did not find INSTALL and LICENSE) I cannot say which
> day it broke.
>
> The problem with libkolabxml is this error message:
> [ 12%] Building CXX object
> src/CMakeFiles/kolabxml.dir/objectvalidation.cpp.o cd
> /home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/build/src &&
> /usr/bin/c++   -Dkolabxml_EXPORTS -O2 -g  -Wall -fPIC
> -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -fPIC
> -I/home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/.
> -I/home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/compiled
> -I/home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/src/containers
> -I/home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/build   -Wall
> -Wextra -Wconversion -o CMakeFiles/kolabxml.dir/objectvalidation.cpp.o
> -c
> /home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/src/objectvalidation.cpp
> /home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/src/objectvalidation.cpp
> :32: error: 'boost::unordered' has not been declared
> /home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/src/objectvalidation.cpp:
> 32: error: expected initializer before '<' token
> /home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/src/objectvalidation.cpp:
> 141: error: expected '}' at end of input
> make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kolabxml.dir/objectvalidation.cpp.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/build'
> make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kolabxml.dir/all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/buildkolab/rpmbuild/BUILD/libkolabxml-master/build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.EaAGn7 (%build)
>
> I tried already to install a newer version of Boost, which solved that
> issue, but got me into other trouble, probably because I did not
> install boost 1.50 cleanly?
>
> The question is: what is the recommended way to build libkolabxml from
> git master? which configuration of Boost is required?

It seems the unordered_set.hpp include points to the wrong direction or the
file is not available.

On fedora we have:
* /usr/include/boost/unordered_set.hpp
* /usr/include/boost/unordered/unordered_set.hpp

Where the former just points to the latter.

What system are you on, and where is your unordered_set.hpp?

It's possibly a matter of changing the include path to
boost/unordered/unordered_set.hpp.

unordered_set.hpp should be available from boost 1.36 on.

Cheers,
Christian