[Kolab-devel] [issue4868] Seen flag not synced in online imap with cyrus when only modifying \SEEN is allowed

aheinecke issues at kolab.org
Thu Sep 19 18:25:23 CEST 2013

Cyrus imap 2.4 (at least 2.4.12-2) reports in the SELECT command that a folder
has Read/Write access even if the only allowed modification is to modify \SEEN
(as indicated by the Permanent Flags setting)

Kontact ignores this and tries to set more flags than it is allowed because it
makes the assumption that as long as read\write is allowed it is allowed to
modify \SEEN \ANSWERED \FLAGGED and \DRAFT.

A fix could be to filter out the allowed flags in imap4.cc and checking them
against the permanent flags. But since we want to keep effort and regression
risk at a minimum we can use the special "Read Only Folder" case to update
message flags if only \SEEN is allowed and nothing else.

This is not relevant for KMail2.

assignedto: aheinecke
keyword: enterprise35, kde client, kkc
messages: 28832
nosy: aheinecke, allen, emanuel, laurent, ludwig, sergio, till, vkrause
priority: bug
status: in-progress
title: Seen flag not synced in online imap with cyrus when only modifying \SEEN is allowed