[Kolab-devel] Extending Calendar Plugin

Daniel Morlock daniel.morlock at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 18:09:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'd like to add support for adding/modifying public and private iCal
calenders within Roundcube's calendar plugin e.g. Google's Holiday
calendar. Did I get it right, that there is not yet any support to
integrate iCal calenders in such a way?

If yes I'd try to extend the calendar plugin to enable iCal client support.
A first attempt would be:

- Create another calendar driver that uses iCal as storage backend.
- Modify calendar class to support multiple drivers.
- Extend frontend to add/remove public and private iCal calendars.

Is there an existing iCal client library that I can use for the calendar
driver?
Any thoughs how to enable support for mulitple calendar drivers?
Any other suggestions or ideas concerning this topic?

Best,
Daniel.