[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.1 dev role not working

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Oct 15 23:13:24 CEST 2013

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:52:06 PM Manel Gimeno Zaragozá wrote:
> > > I'm trying to implement different user roles and enable some
> > > plugins
> > > depending on the role assigned, in previous kolab 3.1 dev packages
> > > was working correctly but with the new package
> > > roundcubemail-1.0-0.9.dev20130809.git328876.el6.kolab_3.1.noarch
> > > It is not working.
> >
> > There should be a roundcubemail-1.0-0.11 and a
> > roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-3.1.4.
>
> I've update my packages to roundcubemail-1.0-0.11 and
> roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-3.1.4 and this is my config now:
>
> edit and comment $config['plugins'] = array in config.inc.php fileedit
> and add the following lines in kolab_auth.inc.php
> $rcmail_config['kolab_auth_role_plugins'] = array(
>         "cn=professional-user,dc=test,dc=ddol,dc=es" => array(
>                 'kolab_files',
>                 'calendar',
>                 'tasklist',
>                 'archive',
>                 'kolab_activesync',
>                 'odfviewer',
>                 'pdfviewer',
>         ),
>           "cn=regular-user,dc=test,dc=ddol,dc=es" => array(
>                 'calendar',
>                 'tasklist',
>         ),
>           "cn=file-user,dc=test,dc=ddol,dc=es" => array(
>                 'kolab_files',
>                 'odfviewer',
>                 'pdfviewer',
>         ),
>           "cn=task-user,dc=test,dc=ddol,dc=es" => array(
>                 'tasklist',
>           ),
>     );
>
> The plugins are still not activated by role. Any aditional change?

I'm at a loss trying to troubleshoot your particular environment's
settings and undesired effects, so we have to dig deeper.

Please note that in roundcube 1.0, configuration has moved from being an
$rcmail_config array to being a $config array. I've been told you cannot
mix and match $config/$rcmail_config, so please make sure these are
consistent for your deployment across all configuration files in
/etc/roundcubemail/.

At your convenience, please also consider inserting debug log statements
in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/kolab_auth/kolab_auth.php and
/usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/kolab_auth/kolab_auth_ldap.php
(function parse_vars comes to mind), in order to be able to provide more
information about what is going on between the user logging in and the
results being parsed in a particular way.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG