[Kolab-devel] Installation fails on ubuntu 12.0.4, report

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Fri Nov 8 10:28:02 CET 2013

Hello,
I briefly looked into the apache mpm dependancy problems.

I found this mail explaining the core problem:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2012-November/265304.html

Solution:
apt-get install -f libapache2-mod-php5
apt-get install kolab

but now there are more dependany errors.

aptitude install kolab php-kolab smarty3 php-net-ldap2 libmozldap-0d
mozldap-tool
still gives these errors:
 roundcubemail-plugins-kolab : Depends: php-http-request2 which is a
virtual package.
                               Depends: php-net-url2 which is a virtual package.
 kolab-webadmin : Depends: smarty3 (>= 3.1.7) but 3.0.8-1fakesync1 is
to be installed.

there is a package in Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty tahr):
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/php-http-request2
no package php-net-url2 for Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=php-net-url2&searchon=names
smarty3 is too old.

I have to stop now, need to do some other work...

Timotheus