[Kolab-devel] CalDAV Collections vs. IMAP Folders

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Mar 20 10:26:38 CET 2013

On 2013-03-20 09:12, Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> And what about sharing folders? If stored in /private/comment, how
> would a
> folder appear to a sharee? If we use annotations for display names, we
> should consider to make that at least /shared/ with the option to set
> /private/ name on folders owned by others.

Indeed.

Things I'd like to see considered:

  - How will mail folders behave? I'm thinking being able to actually
add a comment to them (think "pop-up help/comment to explain usage")
might be useful. This might mean 'comment' should remain a comment (how
is it defined for mail?) and so we might want to add an annotation
/vendor/kolab/name, perhaps.

  - How to behave wrt public/private name space? I guess the admin would
set the public, and that'd be the default unless a private annotation is
also set. This could be the case for both comment and/or name
annotations.

So there would be a global default behaviour, and full flexibility for
users to rename (e.g. John's "work" box becomes "Work for John" for Jim)
and change comments (e.g. "All outgoing sales communications" could
become "Folder for the sales team, do not add/remove mails" for someone
else). Perhaps not the most useful examples, but I guess the idea
becomes clear enough.

Best regards,
Georg

--