[Kolab-devel] Python Error with Postfix queue filling up

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Mar 6 08:27:57 CET 2013

On 2013-03-06 03:33, Mat Cantin wrote:
> I noticed that some emails were not comming through on my Kolab 3
> server. The mail logs filled up with entries such as this:
>
> postfix/smtp[12133]: AA3861280D28: to=<user at localdomain.com>,
> relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026, delay=377952, delays=377952/0/0/0,
> dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (lost connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]
> while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once)
>
> (...snip...)
>
> Can anyone enlighten me on what going on? This python error is beyond
> me.

Hi Mat,

we have a known error with Wallace not really handling
internationalized headers really well, see [1], among other issues that
have been reported not related to iTip messages.

In your specific case, it is Wallace not being able to write out some
characters using the json.dumps() that it does, while the data it
attempts to write out to its spool is not ascii - the default parameter
/ensure_ascii/ for json.dumps() appears to be set to /True/.

I have been working on this before, but I'm not sure I have the proper
solution. Basically, I need more test data to throw at my new set of
functional tests to try to cover this issue.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG