[Kolab-devel] [xsd-users] Bug: failure to convert string to int

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Mon Jan 28 15:03:49 CET 2013

Heya Boris,

thanks for checking out the bug.

On Jan 28, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Boris Kolpackov wrote:

> Till Adam <adam at kde.org> writes:
>
>> I seem to have stumbled upon a rather low level bug in libxsd on OSX Lion.
>
> I tried to reproduce the bug on 10.8 and 10.3 (I don't have access to
> 10.7) without any success. I tried 32/64, g++/clang++, optimized/non-
> optimized combinations and they all seem to work fine.

Weird, but encouraging, at least as far as 10.8 is concerned. I'll see if I can test on that.

> It is also not clear what happens when the test fails. Does it crash?
> Does it print a wrong value? If it crashes, would you be able to get
> the stack trace?

No, it does not crash, it simply prints 0, for the value of year. It seems to magically find an empty buffer, from what I can tell.

I'll see if I can get more information. If someone else could confirm that it fails for them on 10.7, I would be grateful.

Cheers,

Till