[Kolab-devel] Bug: failure to convert string to int

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Sat Jan 26 19:41:42 CET 2013

Heya,

I seem to have stumbled upon a rather low level bug in libxsd on OSX Lion.

Basically the date_time parsing fails reliably because string to number
conversion via zs_istream does. I've narrowed it down to a rather minimal test
case which you can find here: http://www.kdab.com/~till/xsd-bug.tar.gz

The same test case works fine on Linux, so I rather suspect this is a libc
issue on Mac OSX, possibly a 64bit only one. I did try both clang and g++, no
difference.

Some version info:

xsd-3.3.0-i686-macosx

i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658)
(LLVM build 2336.11.00)

Apple clang version 4.1 (tags/Apple/clang-421.11.66) (based on LLVM 3.1svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.2
Thread model: posix

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Please keep  me in CC, I am not subscribed.

Cheers,

Till