[Kolab-devel] ActiveSync unstable

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Feb 19 01:11:24 CET 2013

On 2013-02-18 14:57, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After running ActiveSync with Kolab 3 for several days I experience
> troubles from time to time. My Nokia N9 complains it cannot sync and
> on
> my Android Tablet a message pops up telling me that the server is not
> available. But the synchronization seems to work and the server is
> available.
>
> I've added
>
> $rcmail_config['activesync_debug'] = true;
> $rcmail_config['activesync_log_file'] =
> '/var/log/roundcube/activesync';

Is /var/log/roundcube/ writeable for the www-data user/group?

Your new release (2.1-rc1) also has an option to log per user, per
device. The setting is called activesync_user_log.

> to /etc/roundcubemail/main.inc.php but the configured log does not
> appear on the filesystem.
>
> And I see the following error in the apache error log:
>
> [Mon Feb 18 20:47:09 2013] [error] [client X] PHP Warning:
> DOMDocument::createTextNode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array
> given in
> /usr/share/kolab-syncroton/lib/ext/Syncroton/Model/AXMLEntry.php on
> line
> 172
>
> [Mon Feb 18 20:47:09 2013] [error] [client X] PHP Catchable fatal
> error:  Argument 1 passed to DOMNode::appendChild() must be an
> instance
> of DOMNode, null given, called in
> /usr/share/kolab-syncroton/lib/ext/Syncroton/Model/AXMLEntry.php on
> line
> 84 and defined in
> /usr/share/kolab-syncroton/lib/ext/Syncroton/Model/AXMLEntry.php on
> line
> 172

Both are issues eligible for a ticket on issues.kolab.org.

> I'm willing to help debug this issue, just tell me what more
> information you need. I'm running Syncroton version
> kolab-syncroton-2.1-rc1 (posted on this ML).

Please see if making sure the directory you put the logs in is
writeable, create a ticket / tickets on issues.kolab.org, and perhaps
set the "Only users in all of the selected groups can view this bug"
flags on the ticket in order to make sure any information that is
exchanged in the ticket remains part of a private conversation between
the assignee, you and whomever you elect to put in CC: on the bug (noted
of course I'm the bugzilla administrator and I can always access
everything).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--