[Kolab-devel] SSL configuration chaos for the HTTP_Request2 object

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Sun Aug 25 07:44:29 CEST 2013

On 08/25/2013 01:06 AM, Daniel Hoffend wrote:

> 2) create some kind of wrapper object/function in a central location/module
>    that returns the preconfigured HTTP_Request object.

I think we should create a static method in libkolab plugin. So, all
kolab plugins would use:

$this->require_plugin('libkolab');
$request = libkolab::http_request();

I see one issue here. kolab_files as for now doesn't require libkolab
plugin. Because it's possible (in the future) to use this plugin and
Chwala out of kolab, maybe it would be reasonable to keep separation of
this plugin and use separate code and configuration of HTTP_Request2 object.

> The possible ssl settings can be included in the config.inc.php or
> kolab.inc.php

Because it will be libkolab plugin then kolab.inc.php.

Please, create a ticket in bugzilla.

ps. we use HTTP_Request also in calendar plugin.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Software Developer