[Kolab-devel] libkolab

Paul Klos paul at klos2day.nl
Wed Apr 24 10:35:33 CEST 2013

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) schreef op 24-04-2013 9:57:
> On 2013-04-23 14:30, Paul Klos wrote:

[snip]

> libkolab is only supposed to be built using libcalendaring for as long
> as a distribution release (such as Enterprise Linux 6, Fedora <= 16,
> Debian Squeeze and Wheezy, and others) does not provide sufficiently
> up
> to date KDE PIM libraries.

Right. That makes sense. See this snippet from the libkolab's
CMakeLists.txt:

if (USE_LIBCALENDARING)
else()
     find_package(KDE4 4.8 REQUIRED)
     find_package(KdepimLibs 4.8 REQUIRED)
endif()

Libkolab requires KDE 4.8, which is in the tree for Debian Wheezy, so
no problem there.

> As soon as the distribution releases do, the problem of pulling in a
> KDE stack on the server is to be resolved by KDE Frameworks, but not
> by
> libcalendaring.

Agree as well.

We need to judge this on a distribution by distribution basis, and for
Debian Wheezy at least we don't need libcalendaring (anymore).

So I'm going to go ahead with the Debian folks, then, without
libcalendaring.

Cheers,

Paul