[Kolab-devel] libkolab

Paul Klos paul at klos2day.nl
Mon Apr 22 22:18:48 CEST 2013

All,

Libkolab version 0.4.2. has now been packaged for Debian. However, as long as it depends on libcalendaring, there is no chance it will find its way into Debian.

The only way this is going to happen is if libkolab only depends on kdepimlibs, which will mean pulling in the kde stuff on the server as well.

We thought about creating 2 versions of libkolab, but that's not going to work either. For example, someone using KDE would not be able to test-install a kolab server on his workstation, because he'd end up with 2 conflicting versions of libkolab. Also, 'the possibility of loading two symbols of the same name into the same process is a no-go' - one of the milder quotes from my IRC talk :-).

Is there any objection to letting go of the whole libcalendaring idea, and just bite the bullet and pull in kdepimlibs and the rest on a Kolab server install?

Paul