[Kolab-devel] Testing Webclient Translations

Evandro Alves evandrofisico at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:25:46 CEST 2013

Is it possible to contribute with a translation made outside of the
transifex system? I had to
put the calendar and the tasks plugins to production and as I couldn't find
this information,
I translated the .inc files to brazilian portuguese. Do I have to redo it
on the transifex website
or can it be uploaded there?

Thanks

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Torsten Grote <grote at kolabsys.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> recently several people had questions about how to test their translations
> for
> our webclient. As you know, we handle translation in Transifex [1] and it
> can
> take some time until they are pulled into the source, packaged and
> delivered
> to the proper repositories.
>
> If you really want to see your translation in action *before* they are
> officially shipped you have to manually install them on your _development_
> system.
>
> There is two options for this:
>
> 1. (hackish)
> Download the translated files ("Download for use") from Transifex and put
> them
> in the proper location in your file system potentially overwriting the
> existing files.
>
> 2. (suggested)
> You can use the tool from Transifex to connect local folders with the
> Transifex translations. Then you can always use `tx pull` to update them
> from
> Transifex. The config files needed for this can be found in our git
> repositories [2] [3].
>
> It would be nice if whoever tries one of these options, could document the
> process in a little more details, especially the locations of the various
> plugins within the filesystem for the GNU/Linux distribution you are using.
> Please share any documentation on this list.
>
> Thanks and Kind Regards,
> Torsten
>
> [1] https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/kolab/
> [2] http://git.kolab.org/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/tree/.tx/config
> [3] https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/.tx/config
>
> --
> Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist
>
> Kolab Systems AG, Zürich, Switzerland
>
> e: grote at kolabsys.com
> t: +41 43 501 66 91
> w: http://kolabsys.com
>
> pgp: 274D 4F97 Torsten Grote

Evandro Alves Rodrigues
Doutorando em Física
Centro Internacional de Física da Matéria Condensada
Laboratório de Supercomputação para Sistemas Complexos
Instituto de Física
Universidade de Brasília
fone: 3307-2900 r 238