[Kolab-devel] new_Event

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Fri Sep 28 20:16:24 CEST 2012

Mihai Badici wrote:
>>> You have an example of GETMETADATA.
>>> Strange, but there is no GETANNOTATION in imap log
>> GETANNOTATION is a predecessor of GETMETADATA, so it's ok.
>> Roundcube/Kolab support both, only difference is that we didn't tested
>> it more extensively with METADATA, because Cyrus uses ANNOTATE.
>>
>>> I find the initial dialog:
>>> A0002 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
>>> IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS M
>>> ULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1
>>> CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH
>>> LIST-STATUS METADATA ANNOTATEMORE] Logged in
>>>
>>> There is another capability called annotate or annotatemore it's enough?
>> Yes.
>>
>>> What I find is dovecot consider invalid the path INBOX/Calendar, I use
>>> INBOX.Calendar instead,
>> Find NAMESPACE request and response in the log. Also unset imap_ns_*
>> config options in Roundcube config (requires log out and in).
> There is only one NAMESPACE refference in IMAP log:
>
> [27-Sep-2012 13:43:59 +0300]: [3B39] C: A0003 NAMESPACE
> [27-Sep-2012 13:43:59 +0300]: [3B39] S: * NAMESPACE (("" ".")) NIL NIL
>
> I put a relevant screnshot here:
> http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/roundcube.png
> You can see calendars in main window, but in pop-up form the select has no
> values.

What we can see in the sceenie, is that all calendars are considered
read-only (notice the lock icons). That's also the reason why there's no
valid calendar listed to save a new event to. The client thinks you don't
have permission on any calendar resource.

There are two possible reasons for that:

a) there's a username mapping problem, which makes the calendar plugin
believe, that these folders do not belong to you and myrights doesn't
return a correct value. That about the MYRIGHTS debug output I asked you
for previously?

b) the namespace isn't correctly detected

I assume it be a). In order to debug this, please add the following debug
line to plugins/calendar/drivers/kolab/kolab_calendar.php right after
if ($this->ready) near line 62:

  console($this->get_owner(), $_SESSION['username']);

You'll then find the two names written to logs/console. If they are not
equal, you're probably missing the kolab_auth plugin which is also part of
a working Roundcube+Kolab installation and which converts the login name to
the canonical user name used throughout the system.

I admit, that the comparison of the user names if probably not the best way
to determine folder permissions. Maybe we should replace that with

  if ($this->storage->get_namespace() == 'personal')

Regards,
Thomas