[Kolab-devel] [pkg-kolab] Debian Packages: kolab-conf/kolab-cli file conflict

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 6 11:57:01 CEST 2012

> Michael Kiefer <Michael-Kiefer at web.de> schreef:
> > since I have a bit of time to spare now, I could
> > indeed help. At which point should we start?

Hi Michael, great that you've got some time to contribute now! :)

On Wednesday 05 September 2012 23:59:49 Paul Klos wrote:
> I'd say by figuring out what exactly the dependency
> issues are when you install kolab on wheezy. I think
> it'll be hard to make progress until we can at least
> install the software :-).

Yes, that would indeed be a good starting point.

Michael, I guess adding

    deb http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/debian/kolab-3.0 wheezy development

to your /etc/apt/sources.list is the first thing you can do, if you haven't
done so already. Then try to apt-get install kolab and see what happens ;)

The packaging repositories are here

    http://git.kolabsys.com/apt/?s=idle

so you can directly see what is going on. We'd also allow you to push directly
to this repository. Happy Hacking! :)

We'll try to help you as much as we can, either here or in #kolab on IRC. I'm
sure the folks at pkg-kolab-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org would also be
willing to help, right? ;)

Regards,
Torsten