[Kolab-devel] 3.0 on Debian Wheezy: 'kolab-saslath' (?) related failure n boot sequence

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Oct 14 19:56:30 CEST 2012

Hello all,

please remember to strip the irrelevant parts of the email you're
responding to from your reply - thousands of mailboxes get a copy of
your messages.

>> > After that, can you delete the
>> > directory /run/saslauthd and restart the daemon?
>> Hmm ... obviously it's not running upon boot
>> ps -A |grep saslauthd
>>  1353 ?        00:00:00 saslauthd
>>  (...snip...)

This indicates to me, a Cyrus SASL authentication daemon is running.
This is fine, but sort-of conflicts with kolab-saslauthd in its default
startup configuration.

The Cyrus SASL authentication daemon does LDAP authentication for one
domain at the most, you see; The Kolab SASL authentication daemon is
tailored to do authentication for multiple domains (read: isolated
directory trees).

So, if nothing other then the Kolab components is using the SASL
authentication daemon;

  - turn off the Cyrus one and boot up the Kolab one for multi-domain,
*or*
  - keep the Cyrus one (provided it be appropriately configured with the
LDAP auth. mech. and /etc/saslauthd.conf in place), and turn off the
Kolab one.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--