[Kolab-devel] Stuck with bug 989: libkolabxml

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Sun Oct 14 18:39:06 CEST 2012

Hi all,

This weekend I thought I would be able to iron out some lintian warnings in libkolabxml. According to the bug report for 989 these warnings were still there:

W: libkolabxml source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright public-domain (paragraph at line 49)
W: php-kolabformat: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/php5/20100525/kolabformat.so
W: libkolabxml0: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/libkolabxml.so.0.8.1

However, in a fresh environment (I only did git clone and git-buildpackage) I got these errors and warnings:
E: libkolabxml changes: changed-by-address-malformed Michael Kiefer <Michael-Kiefer at web.de> <mail at mkiefer.de>
W: libkolabxml source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
W: libkolabxml source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright public-domain (paragraph at line 49)
W: php-kolabformat: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/php5/20100525/kolabformat.so
E: php-kolabformat: missing-dependency-on-phpapi
W: libkolabxml0: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/libkolabxml.so.0.8.1

I can get rid of all these errors/warnings except the "hardening-no-fortify-functions" warnings. I don't know what to do about those.

But the issue I'm really stuck with is the missing-dependency-on-phpapi error. I had a look here: http://lintian.debian.org/tags/missing-dependency-on-phpapi.html.

The explanation says "PHP extensions must depend on phpapi-$(php-configN --phpapi), without adding an alternative package with the OR operator". A change was made earlier to make libkolabxml depend on "phpapi-20100525 | phpapi-20100525+lfs". This is exlpicitly disallowed and lintian checks for it, resulting in the error above.

Now, it's clear that libkolabxml cannot depend on either phpapi-20100525 or phpapi-20100525+lfs. So what's the solution here? Either we have to choose one PHP API, or we have to deliver libkolabxml in two flavours, with different dependencies. The first is easy, I already did that in my packaging environment. The second shouldn't be too hard, but I haven't tried it. Anyway, I don't know enough about libkolabxml, PHP and this lfs to make this call.

Any guidance appreciated :-).

Cheers,

Paul