[Kolab-devel] setup-kolab (setup_mta.py) issue

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Oct 2 12:09:21 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, October 02, 2012 07:06:59 AM Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Johannes Graumann wrote:
> > Johannes Graumann wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Below is my most current issue with the setup procedure on debian wheezy
> >> ... '/files/etc/postfix/main.cf/' is currently not present n the system,
> >> but files stored in it are utilized in 'setup_mta.py' ... where is this
> >> directory supposed to be coming from?
> >>
> >> Thanks - as always.
> >>
> >> Sincerely, Joh
> >>
> >> ]: Setting logfile to '/var/log/kolab/pykolab.log' (from CLI, not
> >>
> >> checked) Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>   File "/usr/sbin/setup-kolab", line 42, in <module>
> >>
> >>     setup.run()
> >>
> >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/__init__.py", line
> >>
> >> 42, in run
> >>
> >>     components.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
> >>
> >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py",
> >>   line
> >>
> >> 170, in execute
> >>
> >>     execute(component)
> >>
> >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py",
> >>   line
> >>
> >> 202, in execute
> >>
> >>     components[component_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
> >>
> >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_mta.py",
> >>   line
> >>
> >> 221, in execute
> >>
> >>     insert_path = insert_paths[(len(insert_paths)-1)]
> >
> > May this be related to me forgoing any postfix configuration during
> > installation?
> >
> > Sincerely, Joh
>
> As configmed by jmeeuwen on IRC: postfix must be configured (and not left
> unconfigured during install). 'dpkg-reconfigure postfix' indeed takes care
> of this porblem, but now the question arises what the appropriate
> configuration for kolab is.

There is no one particular configuration appropriate for Kolab more than any
other possible configuration scenario.

If you'll please humor my opinionated shortcut for a bit;

Kolab should care about two things only;

1) traffic from clients destined for external delivery (i.e. Roundcube,
Desktop Clients, ActiveSync senders through the local MSA),

2) traffic to Kolab mailboxes (from internal or external sender sources).

As such, especially in the context of 'setup-kolab', it is (or should be)
interested in touching the settings relevant to those two integral aspects of
the MTA with Kolab only. That's why we use augeas.

Anything beyond that is tweaking an installation or deployment, and not so
much a target for "setup-kolab".

> I am now using:
> > Mailname: <MYDOMAIN>.otg
> > No root and postmaster mail recipient
> > Final destination for: <MYDOMAIN>.org, kolab.<MYDOMAIN>.org,
>
> localhost.<MYDOMAIN>.org, localhost
>
> > Force syncronous mail update: No
> > Network relaying for: 127.0.0.0/8 10.10.10.0/24
> > No mailbox quota (0)
> > Local address extension character +
> > Internet protocols to use: all
>
> Is that sensible? I need to figure out whether there's a template that may
> be handed to debconf to spare users having to enter this before setup-kolab
> based system configuration ...

I would have a look at the example configuration that postfix tells the user
to look at when "No configuration" is selected, and see if that's feasible to
use as a fallback for a missing /etc/postfix/main.cf (i.e., cp the example to
/etc/postfix/main.cf if it does not already exist, and *then* execute the
augeas routines).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--