[Kolab-devel] kolab driver for roundcube calendar plugin

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Nov 4 18:18:37 CET 2012

On 2012-11-04 16:00, Henne Holly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to configure roundcube on my running kolab 2.4-server, but
> can't get it running with the kolab-driver. In the calendar-view
> there
> are not calendars available in the list and if I create a new event
> that
> calendar-selection box has no entries.
>
> I have some plugins enabled in roundcube
>
> // List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
> $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(
>                 #'acl',
>                 'calendar',
>                 'kolab_addressbook',
>                 'kolab_folders',
>                 'kolab_config',
>                 #'kolab_auth',
>                 'managesieve',
>                 'newmail_notifier',
>                 'password'
>         );
>
> Notice, that kolab_auth is disabled, because it told me that it
> wasn't
> able able to contact my ldap server. I hope it's not necessary...

You'll want kolab_auth at some point, so working out the problem of it
not being able to contact your LDAP server is definitely worth looking
in to.

> kolab_folders plugin has configured Folders, which exist as
> INBOX/Calendar in IMAP/cyrus, so this it:

Kolab 2.4 by default ships with altnamespace: 1 in imapd.conf(5). How
come your Calendar folder is at "INBOX/Calendar" rather than just
"Calendar"? Is this a custom installation (from source or something)?

> // Default Calendar folder
> $rcmail_config['kolab_folders_event_default'] = 'Calendar';

If your calendar folder is actually at INBOX/Calendar, than this
setting should reflect that.

Please note that your hierarchy delimiter and altnamespace settings are
important - not just for Roundcube, but the Horde libraries used under
the hood as well.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--