[Kolab-devel] Thunderbird - SyncKolab 2.0.0 - Looking for Testers

Niko Berger berger at kolabsys.com
Tue May 29 16:32:19 CEST 2012

Quoting Hermann Himmelbauer <hermann at qwer.tk>:

> Am 25.05.2012 10:06, schrieb Niko Berger:
>>>

>> Actually not really.... When I mess something up I get hammered, but
>> when a new release seems to work, everything is kind of calm, also
>> people are not too keen to use the nightlies (I think the never change
>> a running system factor is playing a big role there :P)
>>
>> Another problem is, that people scatter their "bug reports". Some use
>> the comments on addons.mozilla.org - some use the mailing list, some
>> write me directly and some use bugzilla (furtnately thats finally the
>> majority!).
>
> Sorry, I overlooked the thread completely - but I have to state that
> kolabsync is _very_ important to me as it is the only E-Mail client on
> my Linux desktop that integrates well with Kolab.
>
> Therefore I'm very interested in the ongoing devleopment! I also very
> much appreciate the possibility to add multiple accounts to
> contacts/todo/calendar.
>
> I just downloaded the 2.0.0 version, installed it and it seems to work
> to some degree, the problems seem to be:
>
> - It duplicates my contacts (most of them)
> - It also duplicates most of my calendar entries
>
> This is something I'm experiencing very often and is very cumbersome to
> solve.
>
> When syncing my calendar entries syncing got stuck and I had to cancel
> it, but I have to further investigate things.
>
> Best Regards,
> Hermann

Thanks a lot for testing. For better tracking of bugs, please open
issues on bugzilla - http://synckolab.mozdev.org/bugs.html

Duplicates should not really happen, unless there are problems with
the parsing code. I suggest creating a new imap folder and sync
directly from synckolab into it. this should create all entries
correct and then you can just use that instead of the old folder.

Obviously this only makes sense if you only use synckolab. If the
entries are from another client, it might be that synckolab simply
cannot correctly parse the entries. in this case, please send me such
an entry (best the .eml) so i can investigate what field synckolab
does not like. (best to send it directly and not attach it to the bug
- unless there is no sensetiv einformation in it).

Niko