[Kolab-devel] 10.000 events in a Resource Calendar

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Tue May 22 14:46:26 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, 22. May 2012 14:26:23 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> - Retrieval of relevant events to the relevant period in time could be
> made faster using sorting and retrieving the newest objects first,
>
> - The client triggering Free/Busy does not simply HEAD a URL and
> disconnects, as this would impede the slice of time any web server code
> has available to do what it needs to do. Therefore, a client keeps open
> the connection (and uses GET/POST) until the web server performing the
> Free/Busy updating is done. This is considered a blocking operation for
> clients that cannot do this in the background.
>
> - Obtaining 10.000 events from a single folder can (relatively easily)
> take > 30 seconds.

You might want to reconsider "freebusyd", which solved that exact
problem for years now: https://roundup.kolab.org/issue2554

After we introduced freebusyd, updating the freebusy data
was never an issue again.

Freebusyd + caching of the Horde Kolab classes easily handles
updates to calendars with 10.000 events in no time at all.

Cheers,
Thomas