[Kolab-devel] 10.000 events in a Resource Calendar

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat May 19 13:10:29 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I'm attempting to develop the code that is going to do resource management as
defined in [1], as far as the server-side components are involved that is.

For testing purposes, I'm inserting 10.000 events into a resource calendar,
all Kolab format version 3 of course. 10.000 is a lot to start with,

Given an iTip message (to which a resource is "invited"), I want to see if
there's a conflict with any of the existing events in the Calendar.

To that end, I was wondering if there's a way to do this more efficiently
than;

1) Obtain *all* event objects,
2) Parsing *all* of them one by one,
3) Until I find a conflict or run out of events.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab_3.0_Resource_Management#Design