[Kolab-devel] [issue4829] Regression: Wrong message text in update email (rt#10111)

Emanuel Schuetze issues at kolab.org
Fri Mar 16 08:39:54 CET 2012

Tested with enterprise35 20120314.54c6a01:

User B has write access on A's calendar folder.
Option 'sync groupware changes immediately' is set.

1. A: Create appointment T.
2. B: Sync.
      Modify T to T1 (change title and time).
      Click "yes" to send an update mail.
3. A: Sync.

=> A gets update email from B, but with wrong message text:
   "I created this invitation"
   And the 'Record in my calendar' link is missing.

Test with enterprise35 20120313.66536bf shows right message text in update email:
   "This invitation has been updated by B as a representative of A"
   [Record in my calendar]

Seems to be a regression of our last changes in rt#10111 issues.
Can't test msg28612 of issue 4820 any more (step 4 not possible).

@Sergio: Can you explain me why there are two different warnings (see below) if
appointment is modified by a non-organizer? I think (i) is correct and should
used for all 'you are not the oganzier' use cases. Maybe there is a
relation to this issue?

i) Warning dialog if B modifies appointment (A=organizer) which is stored in A's
calendar:

  "You are modifying the organizer's event. Do you really want to edit
   it? If 'yes', all the attendees will be emailed the updated
   invitation."
   => [Yes] sends email to A. - That's all correct.

ii) Warning dialog if A modifies appointment (B=organzier) which is stored in
A's calendar:

  "You are not the organizer of this event. Editing it will
   bring your invitation out of sync with the organizer's invitation. Do
   you really want to edit it?  If "yes", your local copy of the
   invitation will be different than the organizer and any other event
   participants."
   => [Yes] sends NO email to B. - Failure.
   Expected: same warning and email like in (i)!

assignedto: sergio
keyword: enterprise35, kde client, kkc
messages: 28637
nosy: allen, emanuel, laurent, ludwig, sergio, till, vkrause
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Regression: Wrong message text in update email (rt#10111)