[Kolab-devel] Kolab-Format Upgratetool status

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Mon Jun 18 21:16:51 CEST 2012

Hey,

The Kolab-Format Upgratetool can currently:

* upgrade single mime messages of the types:
** event
** todo
** journal
** contact/distlist
** note
** dictionary configuration

* upgrade complete IMAP accounts:
The tool looks for kolab folders, and upgrades all v2 messages to v3 messages.
Old messages are marked as deleted and each folder is expunged after all
messages have been upgraded.

I already prepared a patch for proxy authentication for kdepimlibs, as soon as
that is merged, proxy authentication will also be possible.

Otherwise we have SSL/TLS support, various login mechanisms and NAMESPACE
should also be handled correctly.

Note that I did not implement the conversion with a different target
account/folder. Is that really required or can it be worked around by
otherwise copying the account before upgrading?

Otherwise it should pretty much do what we have here:
https://wiki.kolab.org/Upgrade_%26_Migration_Utilities

Tell me if there are other missing features.

Cheers,
Christian