[Kolab-devel] New Kolab Client for Windows Package based on Kontact 4.8

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Jul 31 15:12:51 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce the release of a new "Kolab Enterprise 5 Client -
Rough Cut Edition" Installation Package. Five month since the last release,
based on 4.8rc2, this Version brings you the huge amount of bugfixes and
improvements that went into stabilizing the 4.8 release series since then.

You can download it at:
http://files.kolab.org/local/windows/kolab-enterprise5/experimental/latest/Kolab-E5-Client-2012-07-31-07-47.exe

The Kolab Client Package is named still named "Rough Cut" it shows that
Kontact as a Kolab Client for Windows is there, it's usable, it's improving
and it's a serious alternative. But, if you are thinking about deploying it
professionally you might want to get in touch with Kolab Systems first. [1]
They offer professional support for Kontact and can assist you in deployment,
configuration and what else you might need to successfully use Kontact in
your production environment.

This will be the last release of the 4.8 series as we will be now focusing on
4.9 which will bring some shiny new features like Kolab 3 support, the new
google ressource and which will also probably include the return of the
search backend for Windows.

Please report your issues to https://bugs.kde.org/ if it is a Windows specific
problem please also add me (aheinecke at intevation.de) to the CC list of your
Bug.