[Kolab-devel] libkolabxml build dependencies

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 5 15:28:06 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 04 July 2012 17.08:26 Alexander Haensch wrote:
> Were trying to build the libkolabxml and/or libkolab on a gentoo
> system. The KDE-maintainers added both libraries to the testing overlay.
> libkolab pulls in around 100 different packages.
> libkolabxml also needs QtTest i think, but this requirement is not
> written anywhere.
> Is there a list of what is really needed to build libkolabxml without
> building the whole KDE toolchain?

Hey Alexander,

libkolabxml requires Qt only to build the tests which can be controlled with
the cmake option -DBUILD_TESTS=FALSE.

libkolab depends on kdepimlibs and therefore also kdelibs and qt (released
versions depend on 4.8, future versions will depend on 4.9). You're absolutely
right that I should mention this in the README so I'll update that.

Cheers,
Christian