[Kolab-devel] ActiveSync: event alarms

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Wed Jul 4 09:56:06 CEST 2012

I'm working on ActiveSync implementation for Kolab. There's a per-device
setting to enable/disable exporting of event alarms information to the
device.

I'm not sure what to do with alarm setting when importing an event from
the device. Should we provide per-device setting to:
1. Ignore alarm settings of the device.
2. Import alarms (set alarm type to DISPLAY)?

There's also a question about what alarm type to use. Kolab Format 3.0
specifies: DISPLAY, EMAIL and AUDIO. There's no alarm type in
ActiveSync. So, should we export only alarms of type DISPLAY?

--
Aleksander Machniak
Web Developer, Kolab Systems AG