[Kolab-devel] [issue4815] Kontact Crash in in KMComposeWin::rethinkFields

Emanuel Schuetze issues at kolab.org
Thu Jan 26 10:54:07 CET 2012

Tested with enterprise35 20120123.e36cdef:

1. Open .kde/share/config/kmailrc and edit section [Composer]: Add this line or
change the "headers" value to 1568:
   headers=1568
2. Start Kontact.
3. Open new composer window.
=> Crash. (Crash report attached)

Output on terminal after crash:
[..]
kontact: kmcomposewin.cpp:1106: void KMComposeWin::rethinkFields(bool):
Zusicherung »row<=mNumHeaders« nicht erfüllt.
*** KMail got signal 6 (Crashing)
kmail: [virtual void KMComposeWin::autoSaveMessage()]
KCrash: Application 'kontact' crashing...

I tested some combinations of composer header fields by enable/disable via view
menu in composer window. But I can't reproduce that the headers value is set to
"1568".
Maybe the (wrong?) headers entry could be a migration issue (back from newer
Kontact version to e35)...

----------
assignedto: allen
files: kontact.kcrash
keyword: enterprise35, kde client
messages: 28541
nosy: allen, emanuel, laurent, ludwig, sergio, till, vkrause
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Kontact Crash in in KMComposeWin::rethinkFields

Kolab issue tracker <issues at kolab.org>
<https://roundup.kolab.org/issue4815>