[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.0 Final Release Delayed
Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Dec 19 11:49:50 CET 2012
While we were supposed to release a Kolab 3.0 final yesterday, I ran in
to some problem I had not anticipated, and therefore the Kolab 3.0 Final
release is delayed - as you might have suspected already.
I seem unable to "move" a Debian package from the development
"component" in a repository to a release "component" in a repository.
I would not want to have to remove and add all packages, though, as I
can not verify whether all of the needed .changes files (and files
referred to therein) are still in the respective "incoming" queues.
If either of you have experience in managing Debian repositories (with
dupload'ed packages and reprepro to manage the repository), I would
appreciate your help in trying to figure this out.
This little hick-up will delay our Kolab 3.0 Final release for quite a
bit, as we are in the middle of the holiday season, fewer people are
online, fewer journalists pick up the news-beat and frankly I myself
deserve some time with family and friends as well ;-)
All in all, delaying the Kolab 3.0 Final release to maybe the second
week of the new year may just buy us enough time to resolve the
important bug #1469 which (under certain circumstances) may cause
mail loss - this ticket was the only outstanding ticket we have that was
considered to be a blocker but we decided on Monday that we might as
well release with a big fat release note.
I'm sorry to bring you this bad news during this wonderful season, but I
hope you understand.
Rests me to offer you seasons greetings!
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG
e: vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
m: +44 74 2516 3817
pgp: 9342 BF08
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the devel