[Kolab-devel] kolab3/debian wheezy: Questions regarding ssl setup

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Wed Dec 5 10:34:17 CET 2012

Op Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:27 +0300
Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de> schreef:

> Hello,
>
> When configuring a fresh kolab3 install on wheezy,
> I need to issue an explicit "a2enmod ssl &&
> a2ensite default-ssl" to get kolab-webadmin to work.

I haven't tried this yet, and it's certainly
something that should work, but AFAIK there is no
explicit need to have ssl working to get into the
kolab-webadmin.

> In this context I am unclear on where the debian
> setup requires ssl key and certificate.
> http://tinyurl.com/c98ojg5 says here:
> > Certificate: /etc/pki/tls/certs/host.example.org.cert
> > Private
> > Key: /etc/pki/tls/private/host.example.org.key
> but that directory is inexistent in debian.

Certificate paths are different on Debian and Red Hat
flavoured distributions. We've run into this before
with cyrus and postfix. Most probably setup-kolab
will have to be patched for Debian to take care of
this. For now, either symlinking or changing the
configuration to look in /etc/ssl/private should
work (as well as straight http, as per my previous
remark).

Cheers,

Paul