[Kolab-devel] Closing Call for KEP #14

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Tue Sep 20 11:30:20 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 20 September 2011 09:47:44 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> KEP #14, on "Non-conflicting edits of RFC 5228 / Sieve scripts by
> multiple editors", has gone without feedback for a while, after a
> discussion in which various parties seemed to have been able to form
> consensus.

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I +1 the current proposal. Thanks everybody for
providing input, especially Alec's notes have turned out to be very helpful.

In long term we definitely want not only non-conflicting edits but rather
*consistent* edits throughout all the clients. I'm not sure if it is
sufficient to read the rules from sieve directly or if we need to store them
in XML as well and then translate them to sieve. But this is subject to
another KEP and I think non-conflicting edits are a good start.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert