[Kolab-devel] new accounts can't log in

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Thu Sep 15 05:01:21 CEST 2011

Quoting Doug Finch <dfinch at bynari.net>:

> We have recently encountered this issue - after account creation,
> the users are unable to log in.  If we restart the kolabd daemon,
> the users can then access their accounts.
>
> It appears that when a new user entry is seen in LDAP, kolabd is not
> always doing its job of creating the mailbox in Cyrus.  The
> suggested fix, on the Kolab wiki is to simply restart the kolabd
> daemon.  What is the real "source" of the problem here?

Anything that kills the kolabd process.

> When is this going to be fixed?

I didn't consult the Kolab server issue database now. But I'm not
aware that there is anything critical open on the kolabd daemon. So
while I know from my own experience that kolabd *can* die it is
nothing that happens so often that it was reported as a reproducible
issue so far.

But it sounds as if the problem occurs repeatedly for you. So it
should be possible to get a reproducible error that can get fixed. I
would suggest to create a new issue with additional details on what
might cause kolabd to die on your server.

Cheers,

Gunnar