[Kolab-devel] KEP #11: Development and Release process outline

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Sep 5 14:46:30 CEST 2011

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2011 12.13:33 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > Note however this process outline starts the "Final Release" process on a
> > Monday, and allows for 2 weeks for this part of the process to be
> > completed.
>
> I see. That makes it better. But it might still cause things to be on
> Mondays to somehow stick to the deadline. So maybe starting the two week
> interval on a Tuesday makes sure we don't run into a forced Monday
> release?

Perhaps we also need to annotate the difference between:

    "Yes, we're golden, this is the release" (can happen any day),

vs.

    "scp tarball someserver:/var/www/html"
    "edit news frontpage"
    "send mail to lists"
    "tweet"

Would it suffice, short of the previous suggestion I made on expanding the
phase handling details with the aforementioned consideration of the Final
Release phase spanning two weeks, to make the first monday be the "Final
Release IRC Meeting"?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--