[Kolab-devel] Future support of Horde

Alexander Haensch alexander.haensch at ipc.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Oct 24 15:21:18 CEST 2011

Hi Kolab-Devel,

We are using Kolab since 2.2.4 and we are finally evaluating the upgrade
to the 2.3 branch. The main reason for this is the new version of the
webmail client.
While the version in Kolab 2.3.4 is much better than the version shipped
in 2.2.4, we wonder if it is planned to upgrade the packages.
The time stamp of the Horde packages is around November 2010 and if i
look to the work the horde team performed during the last year, i would
be a pity to not have a new version inside kolab.
As i understand, there is a missing php extension called filter which is
needed for newer horde packages.
Is it planned to have a) a newer version of Horde in the kolab package?
b) to have a upgrade path via pear?
If not, is it possible to have a installation howto for setting up a
horde groupware with config for the kolab server? All our tries in
installing a horde4 install with kolab config failed.
I guess the wiki articles are outdated.

regards,
Alexander Haensch

--