[Kolab-devel] [CLSABRT][UPDATE] KEP #14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Oct 4 22:39:53 CEST 2011

Hi all,

In theory, the approval period for KEP #14 ended tonight.

In practice, I received very good and helpful input from Stephan Bosch, the
author of the Dovecot Sieve interpreter, who provided some very good
additional references at had one suggestion for improvement.

In fact, one part was already (slightly) deprecated by an update to the draft
for the include extension which came out last week. So I've worked in all the
references into an updated draft, available at

	http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Greve/Drafts/KEP:14

and the differences are easily visible at

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php?title=User%3AGreve%2FDrafts%2FKEP%3A14&diff=11842&oldid=11778

As these are mostly background & explanation, I guess we could re-close
quickly, but Stephan also raised the question whether it is wise to rely upon
the variables extension for editor name & version, as not all IMAP servers may
support this.

So his suggestion is to move this into the comments. Simultaneously, having
them as variables is not a problem for the IMAP servers we're primarily
targeting (Cyrus & Dovecot).

Personally I think comments would work just fine, so I'd see it as the simpler
approach, but then I'd like to give in particular Alec, who I know has already
begun work on KEP 14 implementation, a chance to provide input.

Once this is cleared, let's close this quickly and hope that's it. :)

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve