[Kolab-devel] [issue4800] Z-push: issues with formatting 'fileas' and multiple email addresses.

Chris Hastie issues at kolab.org
Wed Nov 2 17:06:42 CET 2011

This is arguably two bugs and a feature request, but as I have a single patch to
address all I'm raising it as a single issue.

Bug 1:
Contacts with multiple email addresses are exported by z-push as a comma
separated list in a single email field. The resulting entry in unusable at least
on my HTC Wildfire android device. As z-push allows for up to three email
address fields these should be used.

Bug 2:
Contacts with no first name and no last name are exported with the 'fileas'
attribute set to ", ". Although there is code aimed at filling this with a
sensible value, it tests for $contact->fileas being false, but it never is
because of the simple concatenation used to construct in the first place.

Feature request:
Make the format of 'fileas' configurable, rather than hardcoding "lastname,
firstname". The attached patch allows this to be done globally on a per
installation basis, but it probably ought to be available on a per-user basis.

files: kolab-zpush-backend.patch
messages: 28320
nosy: tipichris
status: unread
title: Z-push: issues with formatting 'fileas' and multiple email addresses.

Kolab issue tracker <issues at kolab.org>
<https://issues.kolab.org/issue4800>