[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.3.1 / Horde: Does not display E-Mail

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Wed May 18 11:22:50 CEST 2011

Am 17.05.2011 19:59, schrieb Del:
> On Tuesday 17. May 2011 16.18.50 Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
>
>> Ok, the umlauts are working now, but what I experience next is that I
>> cannot view any mails with a PDF attachment. It seems that there's some
>> PDF preview built-in into Horde that fails. There seems to be no error
>> log message, it seems like an endless loop, there's this rotating
>> "wait"-symbol and the window stays white.
>>
>> Can someone confirm this, too?
> Yes, I can confirm this. Horde is supposed to let the web-browser open the
> attachment. So far I have confirmed the behaviour with pdf and png files, while
> xml and odp documents on the other hand were handled correctly.
Good to know I'm not the only one. When searching the net, it seems that
Horde utilizes imagemagick to create a preview for certain file types -
seemingly PNG and PDF, whereas there's no preview for odp/xml documents.
So my first guess is that something is broken there - maybe also due to
some Debian Squeeze issue?
> This is a bug, I have not seen it in older releases of Kolab, where Firefox
> will use the default pdf-reader to open the attachment. The beauty of virtual
> servers, it is done in a couple of minutes to cross-check with my previous
> Kolab server.
O.k., I see. Is there some workaround to have these e-mails be
displayed? Perhaps by somehow shutting off the preview feature?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7