[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.3.1 / Horde: Does not display E-Mail

Del delonly at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:59:18 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 17. May 2011 16.18.50 Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:

> Ok, the umlauts are working now, but what I experience next is that I
> cannot view any mails with a PDF attachment. It seems that there's some
> PDF preview built-in into Horde that fails. There seems to be no error
> log message, it seems like an endless loop, there's this rotating
> "wait"-symbol and the window stays white.
>
> Can someone confirm this, too?

Yes, I can confirm this. Horde is supposed to let the web-browser open the
attachment. So far I have confirmed the behaviour with pdf and png files, while
xml and odp documents on the other hand were handled correctly.

This is a bug, I have not seen it in older releases of Kolab, where Firefox
will use the default pdf-reader to open the attachment. The beauty of virtual
servers, it is done in a couple of minutes to cross-check with my previous
Kolab server.

Cheers,
Del