[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.3.1 / Horde: Does not display E-Mail

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Tue May 17 05:56:40 CEST 2011

Zitat von Del <delonly at gmail.com>:

>> But I really wonder that no one else has experienced this. Maybe this
>> has something to do with my Linux distribution? (Debian squeeze, which
>> is very new)?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Hermann
>
> Hello Hermann,
>
> You are not alone ;) I have just set up Kolab 2.3.1 on Debian Squeeze,
> and observe the same issue. We should probably file a bug-report on
> this. I have looked around and found the same issue in Horde for users
> without the correct locale installed:
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/5955
>
> Indeed, the messages in English preview fine in Horde, but messages in
> Norwegian does not. However, if I choose Norwegian as the language
> when I log-in to Horde, the messages preview fine. There is a
> dependency between locales in the Debian host and the Horde
> web-interface (ref. https://issues.kolab.org/issue2732 ), so I assume
> the problem can be related to Debian Squeeze.
>
> In my case I have copied over old messages from Kontact 4.4.10, and
> observed it in one new message so far.

If it occurs in new messages as well then my earlier assumption is
incorrect and Horde is indeed involved in the issue.

> Copying over exposed one more
> issue, the copied messages are not ordered by Arrival date in Horde.
> Kontact does not have any problem sorting them by date. New messages
> do come on top, so this only seems to apply to the copied messages.
> Horde does display the correct arrival date on each, so it seems the
> ordering is done by some other meta-data.

Maybe the sorting is done by the uid the messages have on the server.
But this can usually be changed by clicking on the header you wish to
sort by.

> Thirdly, the necessity to use Norwegian in Horde exposed the terribly
> sketchy language translations. Gunnar, I assume Horde4 is on the way,
> so maybe this is the place I should look to contribute with
> translations: http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/TranslationH4 ?

Yes, absolutely. The Horde team is happy about any contribution.

You can of course already install the Horde 4 webmail on a Kolab
server but I am indeed working on the Kolab specific release of Horde
4. Though this is no real release but will only be a specific
configuration add-on package.

The original plan was to get that done before getting father again.
But as the one or the other may have noticed that didn't work out as I
wanted a little bit too much. Just watch my blog for updates on the
topic as I'm getting more active again now.

> Still, a big thanks to all developers for a fantastic release!

Thanks!

Gunnar