[Kolab-devel] dovecot?

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Mon Jun 27 19:25:36 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

On Monday 27 June 2011 18.44:47 Thomas Koch wrote:
> there has been some discussion and work been done on making Kolab work with
> dovecot back in 2008. But I couldn't find any more recent information on
> the subject.

There is a patch that would enable METADATA now [1] so the barrier for using
Dovecot has decreased substantially. The question is which server side parts
are still using ANNOTATEMORE exclusively - these would have to be updated.

If you want to play with it please go ahead and let us know where you
encountered issues.

Best regards,
Georg

[1] ttp://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-metadata-plugin/

--
Georg C. F. Greve
Chief Executive Officer

Kolab Systems AG