[Kolab-devel] New Kolab client: Evolution

Hendrik Helwich h.helwich at tarent.de
Mon Jun 27 12:30:17 CEST 2011

Hi everyone.

After a period of much work, the evolution-kolab team gladly announces what
you could call a first release candidate of the Kolab plugin for Evolution.
Source code, packages, user manual and some supplemental files can be found
on the project's website, located at SourceForge:

http://evolution-kolab.sourceforge.net/

Christian has made a detailed announcement on the project mailing list:

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27679445

We're looking forward to receiving your feedback on the project, preferably
via the project mailing list or the project bug tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?limit=50&group_id=343941&atid=1439212

Kind regards,

Hendrik

P.S.:
these two findings might also be of interest for developers in the realm of
Kolab:
1. While analysing the reference client's (Konatct-E35 and Toltec) behavior
and their conformance to the Kolab-Format specification, we discovered some
flaws, which are also documented in "Conversion Issues":
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/evolution-kolab/index.php?title=Conversion_Issues
2. We discovered a couple of bugs in Kontact (and Evolution), most of which we
were not able to find in the kolab-bugtracker. In order not to lose track of
these deficiencies, we created a table of these in our wiki:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/evolution-kolab/index.php?title=Known_Kontact/Evolution_Bugs

--
tarent solutions GmbH
Rochusstraße 2-4, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/