[Kolab-devel] Debian or Ubuntu repository

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Tue Jun 21 06:30:13 CEST 2011

On Monday, June 20, 2011 06:24:54 pm Geoff Nordli wrote:
> [...]

 I agree with: < I think Kolab has a lot of potential providing core groupware
functionality to the SMB market>

But it will certainly get wider usage if folks can get it natively installed
(apt or rpm)  and for that, packaging and maintaining needs to become less
bothersome. Otherwise more maintainers will give up. My predecessor gave up
because of the work needed, there is nobody at SUSE anymore because of too
much work needed to package it. Mageia's version doesn't work because of the
smarty upgrade to version 3 very late and the kolab-webadmin isn't usable with
it.

--
Thomas