[Kolab-devel] PHP 5.3.3 in Kolab 2.3

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Sat Jan 15 17:59:00 CET 2011

On Tuesday 11 January 2011 16:23:24 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > Zitat von "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> > > The former notwithstanding;
> > >
> > > php 5.2 will be supported for another 7 to 10 years.
> >
> > While I have to admit that I consider that likely I wonder if you have
> > a reference for this or whether this is an assumption?
>
> www.redhat.com

Could you be a little more elaborate on this one please? How does this
indicate that php is supported by upstream? Whether or not Red Hat or whoever
has the manpower to backport fixes from never releases to php 5.2 is a totally
different story. IMHO we should not rely on distributors but on the upstream
developers.

When I took over maintainership of the Kolab server php was already at 5.3.1.
In order to fix bugs I have updated it to 5.3.4 and I will even update it to
5.3.5 before Kolab 2.3 final because I'm not going to release something with a
known security problem.

Regards,
Christoph

--