[Kolab-devel] [issue4772] update 2.2.4 to 2.3.2: install-kolab.sh failsearly. Running(virtual) ubuntu 11.04

Marmorstein, Robert marmorsteinrm at longwood.edu
Mon Dec 5 07:02:18 CET 2011

The URL is

https://roundup.kolab.org/issue4772

The issue still occurs for me when trying to upgrade to kolab 2.3.4 (from 2.2.4) on Ubuntu 11.04.  I will upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric and see if that fixes the problem.  What is happening is that when trying to build gzip, the build bails out with an error about the -V flag to gcc needing an argument.

Oddly, I am also seeing this error on my Gentoo box when trying to build binutils (a seemingly unrelated issue!)  Perhaps the flags to gcc have changed in a recent version of gcc?

I am not sure whether the gcc it is using is my system gcc from Ubuntu or if it is a gcc installed using openbox.  I guess I can do a little more digging to find out.

I can also try using the -B flag again to see if that works around the issue now once I have latest Kolab packages and latest Ubuntu 11.10.

Robert M. Marmorstein
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Longwood University, Ruffner 329
434.395.2185