[Kolab-devel] http without s access to issues.kolab.org (bugzilla)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 2 16:38:38 CET 2011

Am Friday, 2. December 2011 16:19:19 schrieb Thomas Koch:
> Bernhard Reiter:
> > As written before, using Intevation's CA is only half of a solution and
> > some firewalls might not like the wildcard part.
> > Cacert also is half a solution.
>
> Could you elaborate, why cacert is only "half a solution"? In any case it's
> much more a solution then a self-signed certificate.

Using Cacert's or Intevation's is only a half solution to the issue
of lowering the barrier, because of the extra step of rolling
out the root cert.

> And for cooperations it may not even be a big issue to roll out
> the cacert root on all clients as oposed to home users.

To my experience this is harder with larger organisations.
They are also slightly more likely to accept Intevation's CA,
because it is more limited in scope and they could get into contractual
obligations with Intevation more easily.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member