[Kolab-devel] Cyrus IMAP 2.5 Likely to Drop ANNOTATEMORE Support

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Apr 15 11:34:17 CEST 2011

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2011 15:59:55 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
> Systems):
> > Cyrus IMAP 2.5 and beyond is likely to drop support for ANNOTATEMORE[1],
> > pursuing full compliancy with the METADATA[2] RFC.
>
> What is their timeline of it and how will the organise the change?

Seeing as how Kolab does not have a timeline either it's a perfect fit.
Perhaps we should start building one. KEP #6 is pending review;

  http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Kanarip/Draft:Server_Development_and_Release_Process

> Is there a planned version is dropped ANNOTATEMORE support,
> not having METADATA fully?

Huh? I seriously hope you are not planning on asking me whether there is going
to be some version of Cyrus IMAP that does not support any form of annotations
at all -but the question doesn't parse.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--